Saturday, December 16, 2017

OMG! It's Finished


After many long years I have finished The Astronomer. I went back thru my blog here and near as I can tell I started it in 2009. At the time I was doing a rotation between it and two other HAEDs. Then I put it down for a few years and stitched a lot of other designers. I picked it up again about two or three years ago and stitched more steadily on it. What really helped it that I joined the HAED Facebook group and did the challenges they ran for a while. One of the challenges was to do what is called cross country stitching. Bazinga! I found I was able to do a page or more each month. Also I was shown EZpdf for the iPad. What a great tool. You can search for the symbol you want to stitch, enlarge the pattern on the screen as big as needed, and highlight your stitches. Okay, enough gabbing. On to the pictures!

The completed piece

Close up of the telescope
Close up of the Astronomer Wizard

The very end
Now to figure out what to stitch next. 

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Glenna said...

Oh wow, Jan. It is simply gorgeous! I hope you will bring it to the next stitch night. And I can't wait to see what you'll stitch next.

Renee said...

What a stunning finish! The HAED challenges really help with progress, don't they?! I am guessing this is the regular sized chart? The detail on these always amazes me (even though I've been stitching HAED designs for a few years now.) Absolutely gorgeous work. Congratulations on a fantastic finish!

Ingius said...

Congratulations,beautiful finish :)

Daffycat said...

OMG! Congratulations! You’ve been stitching this as long as I can remember.

Susan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an amazing finish.

Nina Hobbysite said...

Congratulations! Its beautiful!

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on the lovely finish!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, it's stunning! I can't wait to see how you're going to frame it.

Cindy said...

What a gorgeous finish. I am working on The Astronomer now. Like you I started in 2010 and rotated with many other HAED's. Time to get progress done. Your finish inspires me to work on mine more.