Friday, August 28, 2009

Rainy day stuff

Couldn't think of a better title LOL!

So, I finished page 3 of CtS yesterday. I've already got some of page 4 started. The colors on this are so vibrant. It is moving along fast. Here is the piccie.

I love my new Needlework System 4 stand. I've just switched CtS to my 17 inch QSnaps and it is really helping. It's so cool!

Now, my next rave goes out to ABC Stitch. I ordered the new Mirabilia Shakespeare's Fairies. Not only does it come fast, but they always put the patterns in a plastic sleeve. It's been pouring rain here today, but I didn't worry about it getting wet sitting in the mailbox because of the way they package. This is such a beautiful pattern. My only beef is the treasures needed for it. I figured out they would cost $50.00 by themselves. That does not include the other beads. I'm going to adopt Missy's plan and substitute Swarovskis and others for the Mill Hill treasures.
There is a new bead shop in Old Town Alexandria that I will probably run into and check out and see what I can use in place. I don't know when I'll start this. I need to find fabric, fibers, ect. I have obligation stitching to do first. I'll get to it one of these days. It just really called to me.

Well, everyone have a good stitching weekend.

2 comments:

Chiloe said...

I agree with you: the price for the beads is way way too expensive for most people and I start getting mad at designers for using expensive stuffs and not putting a cheaper option ....

Nice progress.

CindyMae said...

Gorgeous progress!!! Love the new chart you ordered. I look forward to watching you stitch it!