Sunday, January 6, 2013

Good stitching start for 2013

 
 
I finished stitching LHN's Around the World in 80 Days last night. This is such a cute little pattern to stitch. Right after I finished it, I started on my entry for the Halloween Ornament SAL. I finished it this morning.
This is a freebie from Plum Pudding Needleart. There is actually a large potted flower to the side that I left out because it was going to be too big for an ornament.

Stitching isn't the only place I've been productive this weekend. My DH really likes beef jerky, but it has gotten so expensive. One 3.4 oz bag cost $7.00. That is outrageous. So, we bought a roast and made our own using the oven. DH slice it into thin slices and I mixed the marinade. We stuck it in the fridge overnight. In the morning we put them on skewers and hung them from the top rack of the oven. Put it on the lowest setting and waiting several hours, then, voila, we had jerky.
My other kitchen adventure was homemade turkey sausage. DH bought me a Kitchenaid stand mixer a few years ago. I've been getting attachments little by little. Today I used them and this is what I ended up with.
So all in all, a very productive weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jan



13 comments:

Glenna said...

Whoa, are you productive! And looking at the weight loss counter at the top: I can't believe you have that much more to go. Next time I see you I'm going to pick your brain about what you are and are not eating. I know what you mean about jerky--we buy it sometimes, but it's so expensive and not all of it is that tasty.

Susan said...

Congratulations on two very nice finishes. Thanks for the designer name on Blessed Be as I hadn't been to her site before and she has several very cute patterns. Home made jerky is really good. We usually make it with deer, but The Hubs hasn't been well enough to hunt the last couple of years. And WOW! on the sausage! I haven't tried putting it in casings yet.

Nicole said...

You should pick up Ruhlman's Charcuterie. It is all about meat curing, and includes great sausage recipes. Great job on everything!

Birdie said...

Oh Oh Jan I just showed DH a pic of your home-made sausage and since DH bought me a KA mixer for Christmas he just said what do you need to make us some. lol lol

Great stitching.

Tania said...

Your finish is great!

Karen said...

Love your LNH finish! You are certainly off to a good start...

happy stitching...

Barb said...

You are off to a good start. Love the Around the World in 80 days.

MarchAnn said...

Everything looks wonderful. Your stitching finishs are soo cute.
The jerky and sausage look yummy and I bet just the right amount of spice.

Annie said...

Pretty finishes. Makes me want to do that LHN piece too. Cute ornie design too.
I'm sure your home made food is not only cheaper, but way better than the store's prepared versions.

Deborah said...

Love Around the World in 80 Days. That sausage looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your Around the World finish! gorgeous!
And your ornament is stunning!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is a great start to the stitchy year! Congratulations on two lovely finishes