Monday, October 8, 2018

Two Finishes and Spoilers

We (my sister Lynn & my friends Helen & Minnie) went to the 2018 Cross Stitch Club Retreat in Harrisburg PA a couple weekends ago. While there I started the first installment of the Silver Needle's A Little Help From Our Friends Stitching Circle. It is One Hundred Hearts designed by Sampler Not Forgotten.

I'll have to FFO it sometime soon. Next up is my pumpkin. Janis from Noteworthy Needle drilled our pumpkins (the craft kind you get from Michaels) so we could stitch our chosen pattern on it. It made my thumb sore pushing the needle through but I finally finished it.


I'm going to put a battery operated candle in it and put on out on my porch. I might eventually do another one, but it will be a smaller design.

Now - SPOILERS AHEAD. Anyone who has not received their Halloween box from Colour & Cotton beware. Lots of pictures ahead.

Tissue paper when you open your box
Chart
Hand dyed ricrac and an adorable ouija board needleminder

Hand dyed beads and I love these little scissors!
Hand dyed backing fabric
Hand dyed velveteen fabric
Hand dyed cotton floss
Beautiful hand dyed silks
Hand dyed Charcoal quarter and Parchment half 40 ct.
And there you have it. I love everything that came in the box. The pictures do not do them justice. I don't want to take anything out of it and use it LOL!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you had a wonderful time at the retreat! I wanted to go, but I had another commitment close to my heart that I attended.
Your pumpkin looks great, what fun! I actually just found that my DH has the tool to make the holes, so I might just have to look into that.
Your Halloween box is great, all such wonderful goodies! I really love the colours of the fabric and floss.