Sunday, May 31, 2009

How does your garden grow

No, not the cross stitch piece. This is what my DH and I did this weekend. He built the box, filled it with the soil, manure, and fertilizer. I put in the plants. Here is the before plants

and here is the after plants have been added.

We plan on eating lots of salads this summer. I told the DH that I am not going to cook anything in the kitchen this summer. It gets too darn hot. Any cooking will be by grill or cold meals, like salads! We put in sweet peppers, habaneros, two different carrots, cucumbers, watermelon, canteloupe, and romaine lettuce. Yummy.
I did get some stitching done, but no piccies yet. I am about halfway through the third repeat of part 5 of AW. I should have this done no later than Tuesday. Hopefully.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Hope the DC weather treats your garden well. No cooking means more time for stitching (unless it means more time for gardening ;-)

Angela said...

What a great idea! I love the garden and the idea of no cooking in the summer too :) I love salads!

Ranae said...

You two were busy.
Hope it grows abundantly

Daffycat said...

Oh how I hate heating up the kitchen in the Summer! We too, cook on the grill or quickie meals that don't take long. Salads sound great and it looks like you've a wonderful start on yours!

CindyMae said...

The garden looks fantastic! Looks like you and DH done a great job!

Cindy F. said...

very nice!!