Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow, snow, more snow and a gift

We are getting slammed with the snow storm on the east coast. We have ten inches so far and it's not suppose to stop until tomorrow morning. Good day to stay in and bake and stitch. I don't know what it is about snow, but it really makes me want to bake things. There is this sweet kid at work that whenever I ask him to take my place relieving the receptionist he always says okay no problem. I'm baking chocolate chip cookies for him today.

Now onto the gift. Our mailman just humped his way up to our front door and left a package. For me! It's the lovely box Angela at Hooked on Stitches made for her End of the Year Giveaway. It is just beautiful. I wish the pictures were better but everything is very overcast as you can imagine. So, drumroll please, HERE IT IS .........................


She not only finished the bottom of the inside, but the top too. I have all sorts of little things I can keep in it. Now I'll always know where my beading needles are! I just wish you could all see it in person. Pictures just do not do it justice.

Thanks again Angela.

5 comments:

Claire said...

The box looks fab and I bet the man at work will love the chocolate chip cookies.

Ranae said...

Oh! Please send me some fresh new snowfall to cover the dirty snow here in N.IL.
The box is an awesome finish. Lucky You!!!

Daffycat said...

Stay inside warm & dry, Jan!

Love the box from Angela, you lucky girl!

Lisa V said...

Congrats on your win! Angela makes such lovely boxes, I know, because I'm lucky enough to have one too. Enjoy!

Karen said...

Lucky you! What a nice Christmas surprise and it is so pretty. Congrats on winning.