Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowmageddon

Here are some pictures of what it looked like this morning after the big snow.

That's a six foot fence. Gives you an idea of how much snow we got.

The view across our front yard to the neighbors.

Our front walk and the back of my Jeep. Now as luck would have it, one of the guys next door was out when I was trying to shovel around the driver's side. Our next door neighbor has a landscaping business and half a dozen guys working for him. I asked how much and if they could shovel out our driveway. He came back with $80. I said okay. So three of them started right away and after they had most of it done, they did the front, where the snowplows pile it up, with the truck with the plow on front. Voila! They had the whole thing done in about thirty minutes. It would have taken Sam and I all day. I paid them $100 because it was well worth it. Heck, if they had said $200 I would have paid it. DH is asthmatic and it's hard for him to do a lot outside in the cold. It's definitely nice to have these guys next door.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Wow lot's of snow!