Sunday, August 28, 2011

What I Did During Irene

I went into work in the morning/early afternoon before the bad weather began, but afterwards I spent the rest of the day stitching. That is until we lost our power around 9pm. There's not much to do during a hurricane without electricity. Luckily my Kindle was fully charged so I could read for an hour, then we went to bed. Everything came back on at 2am. Anyhoo, here is the picture of the Spider Banner.

I have all the web done and I'm starting on the spider. Should be finished soon and then on to something new (or old depending on the mood).
Everyone have a good week stitching.

3 comments:

Denise said...

This is something my DD would love! Looks great and glad to hear you only lost power for a few hours!

Glenna said...

I love the spider banner! Isn't it wonderful to get the power back? I was stitching when it went out at midnight, and I was so bummed, because I had spent the day cleaning, cooking and getting ready, and hadn't gotten to stitch while it was light. And I missed the A/C. It's back now, though, and I sure appreciate it!

Kerri said...

Glad you only had minor issues with the storm. I love the spider banner and have it in my stash to do. Now that I see how lovely yours is, maybe I will get some fabric and kit it up. Can't wait to see the spider, that is the part that I love about this piece.

Love your blog and totally get the 12 hour work day ruining your stitching mojo. I am just starting to get some things done. Have a great week.