Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Stitching

Well, I worked on CG some more today and once again I have to say "Rayon is a PITA!". I finished the outline of the border around the pagoda.


Now, I ask you, take a look at this close up and see if you can tell the difference between the black rayon and the black silk.

They look the same to me and I can see them in person! And trying to frog it is not something I want to repeat either. It leaves little black hairlike strings around. I have a few more things to cross stitch on this and then I can put in the specialty stitches and the beads. Maybe I can have this part done by next weekend. Maybe.

Hope everyone has had a good stitching weekend. Have a Happy Halloween tomorrow!

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a pretty piece. I certainly can't see any difference in the fibers in the photo. But I'm assuming that silk is way more fun to work with!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty design! Sorry the rayon is giving you such a hard time...I can't tell the difference between the rayon and the silk.

MarchAnn said...

I don't see a difference either Jan. I say change to black silk. Looks great, wonderful job.

Minnie said...

Very pretty design, both threads look the same to me. I say go with the easiest one to use.

Shebafudge said...

Looking good, but sorry I don't see the difference either :(

Karen said...

Looks good Jan! Good luck on finishing it!