Sunday, October 16, 2011

October Stitch & Bitch

We had our monthly Stitch & Bitch at March's yesterday. March & I both stitched on our SAL piece. I finished the scissors across the top. We decided that we would chart our names and have them stitched before we meet next month.





 

After that I stitched on Bats some. I got a little more done on the side.




I didn't get as much done on this because a new piece was calling to me. I started Chatelaine's Chinese Garden Mandala on Saturday. Martina has put out seven parts to this so far. I hope to catch up eventually.


I love working with the silks on this one. However, she calls for two Edmar rayons and I really don't like working with them. They are clunky and twirl around too much. Hopefully they won't be used too much. Really dislike them!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looking good Jan! I know I wouldn't the patience to stitch one of the Mandela's....kudos to you!


happy stitching...

Susan said...

Great progress on everything. I was wondering about the EdMar - it's in one of my Chatelaines also and I am thinking of subbing it out with plain old DMC. Will lose the sheen, but also any headache.

Melanie said...

Looking good! :)