Saturday, April 12, 2008

Busy Morning

It's been a busy morning. Unfortunately, no stitching has been done. First we were late to bed last night, so I was late getting up. I'm going to a candle party tonight and I had to make an Angel Food cake to take. So of course I had to go to the store and pick up a few things for that. Came back and measured out all my ingredients. I make mine from scratch as I am diabetic and I make a sugar free cake. I have to do things like sift the flour and cornstarch together twice. What makes it easier is the Sam got me a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. I just put the egg whites, vanilla, and cream or tartar in, turn it on and let it go while I do my sifting. You have to beat the hell out of the egg whites to get them to form peaks. So that killed a couple hours this morning. It's been pouring rain all afternoon, but the temp and humidity have lessened and every now and then the breeze brings in the scent from the jasmine on our front porch. All in all, not a bad day so far. Now I get to go spend money on candles!

No comments: