Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ornament Exchange

Now that Ivenride has received her ornament I can post a picture. This was for the Mirabilia Stitchers BB ornament exchange. It is actually the first ornament I ever made. I'm sort of proud of it. It is taken from Nora's Christmas Flourishes and stitch 1 over 1 on 32 count Belfast linen. Since it is so small I used Kreinik Blending Filament instead of beads.



I was beginning to worry because it took 3 weeks to get there. I also put in this scissor fob that I made. The focal bead is one that I made in my glass studio. I like how the colors worked out.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH WOW! Love that Mirabilia ornie and that fob is GORGEOUS!!!

Glenna said...

What beautiful things--the glass bead, the fob, and especially your needlework--absolutely love the HAED. How funny that we might have run into each other at In Stitches. That's such a wonderful store, and it's a shame (or maybe a blessing) that I only get there about once every three months. But to plan ahead: they told me yesterday that the next big sale will be in July.