Sunday, April 20, 2008

Progress


I finally made some progress on FoS this weekend. I went LNSing with my friend March. She is just getting back into stitching after a long break. I did the same thing last year; now it's her turn hehe. So we went down to Woodbridge to look for a shop I saw listed on Dinky Dyes' stores page. Well, it was not there. Only an empty store. So we went back up to InStitches and did some shopping. March just discovered HAED thru me and has already bought Wall's The Untold Story, so of course she needed to get the fabric for it! I bought these three patterns. The little vampire is just so boo! I had seen the Halloween Party on the Needlework Show and had thought when I saw it that I would like to get it. They had it, so I got it! The other one, A Williamsburg Christmas #2, caught my eye when I saw them done up and hanging from a shelf in the shop. They looked really cute. I might even get them done before Christmas.
After our shopping trip, we went back to March's, had some lunch and then started stitching. I got almost a whole column done. I need
to get back to MXI, but I'm having trouble getting motivated to return to it. Hopefully I can get myself back to it and finish part 4 before the end of the month. It also depends on if I work any this week. I signed up with a temp company last week and I may get sent out on assignments. I decided to do strictly temp, not temp-to-hire. We'll see how it goes and if I like it.

Jan

3 comments:

MarchAnn said...

Just wanted to say that we had a great stitching day. Jan is the great lady that taught me to stitch in 1987 and I still love to stitch. I have been out of it a while beacuse I've had a problem with my eyes but I am back NOW.
Jan it was great to get together again and I am willing to do it again any day we can manage.
I also have all the material for my HAED and will start it very soon. Love the website and will be buying more designs.
Thanks again Jan for bringing stitching into my life.
March Ann

Annie said...

I missed that Halloween party design at the Show. That's very cool. And thanks for linking to my new blog. I'll return the favor since we are almost neighbors!

Rachel S-H said...

Love the WIP