Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Still Here

I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted. We went to Pennsylvania last Friday to see my folks. My mom's 85th birthday is today and my middle sister and I went up to help her celebrate. It was quiet because my dad, who is also 85, fell a couple weeks ago outside and hurt his ribs. He was in the hospital for a couple days and then they moved him to a rehab center. They wanted him to stay there for six weeks. Well, my mom went in and sprung him after two. He was doing everything for himself in there. The doctor only saw him in person once, the day he was admitted. He only saw a nurse once in the morning and once at night. The rest of the time he was on him own. He had very little pain by that time; they were giving him Tylenol! So my mom decided since she signed him in, she could sign him out. I went with her Saturday and picked him up. He was dressed and ready to go at 9 am. The home health therapist came today and said she didn't need to come any more at all. After one visit! And they wanted him to stay six weeks?! I think someone was out for the money.

On the stitching front, I'm still working on FoS and will hopefully finish page 8 tonight or tomorrow. I will post a picture when I get there. I did work on LHNs Night & Day while in PA. Here is a pic of what I got done this weekend. I'm going to keep it in my bag as a travel piece. Unless I get a wild hair and decide to finish it sometime sooner.

I've added another blog. It is Michiko's. It is in Japanese, but her stitching is fabulous. It is well worth visiting just to see the pictures.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Hey Jan, Happy Birthday to your mum. Sorry to hear about your dad's accident. Glad to hear he's fine now.

Lovely start on Night & Day. Would love to see more, not to mention FoS :)

Annie said...

Nice to hear that your Dad is making a good recovery.

That LHN piece is going to be very pretty. I'd give it extra time in the rotation if I were you!

Michiko said...

Jan,Happy Birthday to your mother.
And thank you for adding my blog.
I'll start over updating my blog when I start Wall's Forrest Friends.
It is on September 1st after my son's summer vacation is over.
I also add your blog to the book marks in my blog : )